Wednesday, October 19, 2011

So, started work on Squad #2.

Right, so tonight I got cracking on putting together the first half of Squad #2. Remember, this squad is one of the two line squads, so there will be very little differentiation between these two squads. So far, these Gothic Backpacks from MaxMini are a little bit larger than I had expected. In fact, they are significantly larger than I had expected. So much larger in fact, that they would easily fit on the back of a Scibor hero fig and not look out of place. I know, I thought about it rather hard.

That said, I'm going to make a comment about Maxmini here. I ordered 4 sets of backpacks. At 6 backpacks per set, that's a total of 24 backpacks. I did not receive 24 backpacks. I received 40. Yes, 40. No, I was not charged extra, no I did not receive anything via e-mail saying that they goofed or anything like that. Just 40 backpacks. Now, I also ordered 20 total heads of the style I am putting on the power armor. I had 3 heads left over from the last order. And on this order, I received a total of 20 heads. I've got 6 of the heads I used for the Termies still left, which is enough to make bring their total up.

But regular power armor heads? After putting these 5 together tonight, I have 18 left. At two squads of 10 per, that leaves me 3 heads over. Now, I am utterly certain that I made a mistake with one of the last batch of marines which left me with 2 power fists guys wearing cloaks. What I will probably do is pop the cloak off him and stick one of the other backpacks on him, which technically starts off Squad #3.

But that's not what I wanted to mention. What I wanted to make mention of is the 40 backpacks I got sent. Now, there is a chance that they goofed and thought that I was supposed to get 10 per, rather than 6, which is just fine with me. However, the first order I did with them was for 30 total heads, and 30 total shoulder pads. In that order, I managed to discover a thunder hammer and storm shield that I am utterly certain I did not order. So, twice now I have made orders with them, and twice they have tossed extra stuff my way. If this is intentional on their part, this makes me a very very happy man. If this is accidental then hmm... well, their mistake is my gain.

Either way, Maxmini has earned my repeat business for as many bits as I ever need. Now, if only they did regular power armor shoulder pads, those I would love to order from them. Off to bed with me, and then to work tomorrow before I come home and start putting more marines together tomorrow night.

Thank you Maxmini, ya'll made my day even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment