Sunday, October 16, 2011

heh painting...

You so funny Duncan. You thought you could get some painting done. You so funny. Maybe tomorrow. Probably not however, stupid buying a house stuff keeps getting in the way. That said, I did get a chance to test out the Iron Warriors today. Had a pretty good game against one of the guys over at the Battleforge. Went over there, played an 1850 game with his Orks. He went first, and my god, his shooting, oooh the horror, the horror.

Never let it be said that Orks can't do damage when they shoot. By the end of turn 2 he had killed every single one of my 5 Rhino transports. Through their smoke cover saves no less. His lootas killed Rhinos, his Looted wagon killed them, his buggies kill them, and his big shootas killed them. His grot kannons killed them even better than the rest of his stuff did.

Then, when their juicy juicy occupants were out of their transports, he started killing the marines. By the time I was finally in charge range, my 5 assault squads had been reduced to 2 and a half assault squads. And then I ended up rolling short to assault him in the cover, so instead he assaulted me, and blew me from 2 and a half squads to 1 squad.

But, after doing so, he left himself open to my hammer counter charge. Sure I only had 1 squad of 8 Assault marines left, but I still had 8 assault termies, my librarian, and a sanguinary priest. Oh yes, the result of his charges left a solo priest hanging out in combat tying up his burna's and his mega nobs and two 20 man squads of boys were right within charge range.

So I multicharged like a madman. Drew both 20 man blocks, the 5 burnas, and his 10 nobs all into combat with my furious charging termies and 8 assault marines. Sum result from the combat? 11 dead boys from 1 squad, 9 from another squad, 3 dead nobs, 1 wound on the warboss, and 1 wound on each of the other nobs. In return I lost... the priest who had been in combat the round before, one lightning claw termie, and a single guy regular marine. Result? 32-3. Time for the boys and nobz to take ass loads of fearless saves.

Which left him with 1 nob from a boys squad, surrounded by termies and assault marines. After they killed that nob, they proceeded to walk across and kill off the buggies, both squads of lootas, and his looted wagon. Sum result at the end of the game left me with 1 lightning claw termie, 3 thunder hammer termies, my termie priest, my librarian, and 3 marines.

But he had nothing at all. Which suited me just fine. The new Iron Warriors looked pretty good on the table, and beside the termie squad they really made a different look for the table that I liked. People were actually complimenting me on the look of the work I did on them. Hope they keep up the nice comments when I actually get around to putting paint to mini.

Iron Within, Iron Without.

No comments:

Post a Comment