Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Today I did utterly nothing.

As the title says, I did utterly nothing, mostly because I got home rather late, but that's neither here nor there.

Tomorrow I have plumbers coming to fix a blocked up pipe in the house, and once they are gone I will have plenty of free time to go back to sleep before work. After work however, I plan to come home, spray and basecoat the two meltagun armed members of the second hammer squad. Once they are finished that gives me exactly 50 BP+CCW squads, each with 10 members. Now, I know that I plan to make it 6 squads, and this means I need to get cracking on the Forge World guys.

I just need to figure out how to magnetize their jump packs so that I can use the same squad as both jump packers, and regular marines.

God I hope that the new Chaos Codex actually lets me keep using BP+CCW+Bolter on all the CSM. Otherwise I will be seriously seriously pissed as shit.

Once those two melta guns are done, I'll have also put my order in to Custom Mini's for their shoulder pads, and I'll go as a group and just pop off the right shoulder pad from everyone done so far and put the custom ones on, then repaint the pads. I may actually paint the pads and then put them on, I'm not sure yet.

Also, while I'm doing the melta guns I'll finish up the two other guys I have started and unfinished, one a Sarge with fist and BP, the other a guy with Axe and BP. And two missile launchers who are based and have a few bits and bobs done. So... 6 guys will finish every single one of the Iron Warriors I have put together at this time. Depending on snow and work this week, I just may have a fully painted army as of Saturday, we'll have to see. Other than that, I need to go about figuring out if I want to get a 6th squad of guys and just use the Forge World guys as dedicated jump packers, honestly, the idea is very tempting, but I'm just not quite certain yet. We'll get that figured out when the time comes.

Also, 5 Rhino's are base coated and need to be worked on. So... I better get started on those after this week where I focus on the last of the current infantry batch.

So, to do...

6 Marines. 2 melta, 1 axe, 1 sarge, 2 missiles.
5 Rhino's.
15 Forge World guys. (10 jumpers, 5 walkers).
Scibor Terminator.
Scibor Power Armor.
Figure out character options other than Kharn.

Looks like I may make the next week or two a bit busy. Gotta be ready for Adepticon.

Iron Within, Iron Without

No comments:

Post a Comment