Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Road to Hell

They say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Be that as it may, it was a road that the Iron Warriors found themselves walking down and while I am certain that at first it was paved with the very best of intentions, when it came to Istvaan those intentions were long gone.

That said, I have my first batch of custom shoulder pads coming to me on January 23rd, which means that once I have those 40 shoulder pads coming, which will be enough to utterly redo the right arm shoulders of 4 of the squads. Once I see how these have come out and if I am satisfied with them I will go ahead and order enough to finish up the rest of the guys I have either finished or on the list of "to build".

That said, I have decided that the Iron Warriors that I'm painting up need a bit more than just "Generic blah", I'm going to make them utterly my own. With that said, I have decided that when I paint the chevrons onto the Iron Warriors left shoulder pads, it will be 3 striped of yellow, and either 3 stripes of black, or 4. The total number of chevrons will indicate that they either belong to the 6th or 7th Grand Company, which I'm not certain of yet honestly.

That said, we recorded another podcast tonight, Episode 5, go us!

And I completed two more missile launchers, which brings my total up to 7 complete, which means once everything is done together and painted/based I will only need to do another 8 missile launchers to fill up my heavy slots with two spare (if Chaos gets to take 5 heavy weapons in a squad akin to the Space Wolves).

If I am limited to just 4 per Havoc squad, it's not a huge loss as I will only have 3 extras, which won't be horrible, I'll still find a way to use them somehow I know.

That said, I've got another Tactical Squad box sitting here and I'm wondering what, exactly it is that I plan to do with them. I know I can always use more marines for the army, but what style I want to put them in I am not yet sure. I'll probably make this batch another group of swords men, that way I can have two of each squad, Pioneers, Engineers, and Guards. Each squad obviously armed and equipped identically to their similar squad, which in my mind is perfect.

Gonna try to get these guys together tomorrow if I can, and after that I'll get the Forge World stuff done hopefully.

Sadly I need to order more heads and backpacks from Max Mini, I'm nearly out of all the heads I use.

Then again, I also need to see if I can find a decent source for power armor lightning claws and pre heresy fists. I think I have a few character conversions to work on. Oh, and I need to get hold of 2 more terminators so I can bring myself to a full 10 man assault terminator squad.

So much to do, so little time and money.

Iron Within, Iron Without

No comments:

Post a Comment