Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Custom Shoulder Pads.

I took the plunge recently and ordered a batch of 40 custom designed shoulder pads for my Iron Warriors. I had a specific idea in mind for the helmeted skull that I wanted to go on the right shoulder of all my guys, even though it means cutting the old shoulder pads off the guys I already have done.

Well, they arrived today before I went to work, and tonight since I have the guys I put together with swords just waiting for their shoulder pads, I decided to see how they worked out.

My first thought when putting them on was that they weren't quite perfect since the arms and positioning wasn't coming out quite how I wanted it to, but that can easily be attributed to the fact that they aren't quite the same dimensions as GW shoulder pads. Other than that minor quibble, which can and has been resolved, I am in love with these shoulder pads. I ordered 40 as I said, now it looks like I need to get another 80 ordered, along with a few custom Rhino hatches with the same design on them.

Pictures maybe coming this week, depends on how work and life goes honestly.

Wish me luck.

Iron Within, Iron Without

No comments:

Post a Comment