Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Well, that was expensive.

Put in another order from Maxmini. I decided that I didn't want to bother with the extended wait for the shoulder pads to come out and I went ahead and ordered another 50 of their heads. 40 of my regular guy heads, and 10 veteran heads.

I also ordered another 50 backpacks. I'll use the last of the ones I have, and the heads that go with them this week when I put together the second batch of Devastators and do a couple other guys.

$85 later I should have my stuff eventually. Until then, I get to wait. Wait and see if I can finish fixing the rest of my guys up.

Right now I'm in a bit of a crunch with work and the overtime I'm getting, and the house, and working with the crew of gamers I play with in a SUPER SECRET AWESOME IDEA that may involve a large room, lots of tables, and the initials G.T. That's up in the air for now. What is not up in the air however is Adepticon.

I'm not in the Team Tournament, but I am in the single tournament. However I am #10 on the Team Tournament wait list, and I've got two other team members who have committed to joining the team if we get a spot. Currently the plan is James using his preheresy Space Wolves, and me rolling with my preheresy Iron Warriors in a partial recreation of the great crusade. We've got an army list worked out (or at least, mostly worked out), and luckily, James has enough of his Wolves to do half of the army already.

Now, I've got one list done for it, which means we are 3/4 done with the list, I just need to finish another... what is it... 50 marines? Hmm... my my my, how many heads and backpacks did I just order? Of course, this is all just building of the guys, this doesn't even begin to worry about the painting ordeal. Which honestly, I am horrible at, and hate with the heat of a newborn star.

So I talked my buddy Ben (who paints wonderfully) into painting my guys for me. Luckily, he doesn't have to do a basecoat, I already did that and an awesome hammered steel coat on all my guys. I just don't want to do the rest, because on the one Terminator, and one power armored guy I did, I hated the job I pulled off.

Which just proves my point, that I suck at painting. I may have been decent at it 10 years ago or more, but that 10 year laps in painting murdered me.

Still on the To Do list. Meltaguns, combimeltas, and more hammers/axes. I guess some time in the nearish future I'll be buying around 4 more boxes of tactical marines and then scavenging them for the bits I need. (Torso's, legs, meltaguns, missiles, hands, shoulder pads) and taking the rest of them and dumping them into the bit box over at the other store for other people to pick through.

I gotta admit, getting free access to the bits trays over there has been a godsend when it came to getting more axes and hammers the last time. Hopefully there will be more of what I need there soon.

Ben promised to have my marines painted and handed over to me by this Saturday. Which is convenient, as there is a 1750 point tourney at the store this Saturday. Maybe I'll finally get to play my Iron Warriors. We'll see. In the meantime, work and overtime tomorrow night, followed by a Wednesday full of making the last 5-6ish marines I can put together with the heads and bits I have on hand.

Until Wednesday then.

Iron Within, Iron Without.

No comments:

Post a Comment