Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Got another squad put together.

I got my shipment of heads and backpacks from Maxmini today, along with a shipment of bits from Neal over at the War Store. Loads of axes, heresy chests, bolt pistols, and the heresy style legs. Along with some other bits that will go into a few special projects.

I did however discover that I should have ordered either more actual meltaguns, or more of the flamer/inferno pistol combo I build. Why? Because I am out of the flamers, the inferno pistols, and the meltaguns. So... for now, screw it, we'll deal.

But, when the bits combined, I've got another full squad done and put together. Basically this is Pioneer squad #2, everyone with a bolt pistol and an axe, or a meltagun and an axe, or a power fist and a bolt pistol. That's 4 fully completed squads, with 3 of them painted, and this one ready to get base coated, sprayed, and painted either as soon as I've moved, or as soon as the weather stops pissing all over us.

After this squad, I've got the parts to put together Construction squad #2 except for one hammer, the meltaguns, and a few bolt pistols. All of which I can fairly easily acquire. Once that squad is assembled I'll get cracking on the Forge World squad and magnetizing them so I can swap their backpacks and jump packs depending on how I feel like using them. Getting them completed will put me up to 6 full 10 man squads, all of them with power fists, all of them with two meltaguns. So, in a generic game, that fills all of my troop slots.

To finish off the army I've got to acquire another... uh... 10 missile launchers which I need to magnetize, another 4 or 8 lascannons for the same purpose, and 3 more power fists. That will fill out all my troops slots, my heavy slots, and leave me with my HQ, which the Terminator Warsmith will fill, and a few special projects that I have working and am slowly acquiring the bits for. After this it's time to get the Rhino's together, and probably a Dreadnought or two. Maybe I'll get a Contemptor pattern Dread, maybe not. It will certainly fit with the Heresy idea for the army.

I have been toying with the idea of doing up a couple spare guys for various weapons for each squad, but right now I'm just not sure of doing it yet because I find myself always just getting meltaguns and using them. That said, I do have a lot of spare plasma pistols, and plasma guns, so maybe eventually I'll make some.

I do have two robed bodies that I'm going to beat the hell out of and stuff with fiddly bits and try to convert into stand ins for various special characters of whatever type once I get around to it. That's another backburner project for the time being.

But that said, after the Forge World guys are done, that will fill exactly half of the Adepticon Team Tournament force that James and I are throwing together. So now... all we gotta do is get the other two members for the team, and he and I can supply the army on our own.

House update, supposedly we close on Wednesday, or Thursday depending. Regardless, tonight may have been my last night fiddling with miniatures for a bit due to packing and moving. Catch everyone from the comfort of my new house, once I get into it.

Iron Within, Iron Without.

No comments:

Post a Comment