Friday, April 6, 2012

Finished my Razorbacks.

So I got overtime. It happens, not really a huge problem except when it comes down to time crunch.

Luckily, I managed to hammer out all three of the Razorbacks last night, then I got their turrets, hazard striping, and shading/dipping done. All done, in fact so done, that I discovered that my dip can is just about done. I'm fairly certain that after one or two more miniatures in total that the dip will be 100% done. It's starting to congeal, clump, and become almost as thick as mud. Which makes it kind of hard to dip anything into it.

But, as I said, I got the dip for the Razorbacks and their turrets done.

I also got a chance to redo a bit of work on my banners for each squad. Previously I wasn't at all happy with them, and now, while I am still not 100% happy with how they look, I am much happier that I redid each of the banners with black outlines on the edges of the banners, a yellow center, and finally over that yellow center I managed to get some of the Iron Warrior transfers that matches exactly the Skull that I have on my shoulder pads and on my Rhino hatches. So I put those on my 6 banners, hit them with the nearly last bit of dip, and then I did manage to use the very last of my antishine coat.

Looks like it's time to get more dip and more antishine. Hopefully I can get by with just the antishine and make this can of dip last through the final 3 miniatures I have to get painted. Depending on how this goes through tomorrow night and the weekend, I will try to get squad by squad pictures done (If I complete their basing for everyone).

So... other than finishing 1 Rune Priest, 2 Choosers, and about 10 bases in total, I'm done.

Wow. Holy crap, this has been a huge load of work, a lot of fun to do, and it's really nearly finished.

I feel like I just completed my siege lines around the Emperor's Palace, now it's time to open up with the beginning of the bombardment.

Iron Within, Iron Without

No comments:

Post a Comment