Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Results

So, at Adepticon my Iron Warriors managed to go 9 wins, 2 draws, and 1 very narrow loss. That's counting both the Team Tournament where half of our army was the Iron Warriors and the other half was James's Pre Heresy Space Wolves. It looked really awesome to have two fully converted pre heresy armies fighting it out at one of the gates to the Emperor's palace, and it felt really really good for our team to take 4th place overall and only suffer 1 draw during the team tournament. 7 wins and 1 draw there is awesome.

In the championships however they did not perform quite as well as I had hoped. I drew Reecius from Frontline Gaming and had a very narrow loss to him, won my next two games against an all Death Wing army, and a 90 power armor body Iron Hands list with massive amounts of Lascannons. Then I got a draw with my buddy Mike in the final round of the Championships. Still I pulled off 47th out of 200+ there, so that leaves me a happy man.

And now, on to work with the ATC army, which will either be the Wolves with a bit more work added to them, or my Imperial Guard who are either going to be styled as the Olympian 7th, or the Caintuk 7th. Either way, there will be gray, there will be red, and it will hopefully start getting converted like crazy.

Because I've been bitten by the conversion bug, and it won't let go.

That does mean of course, that I will have to keep working on my Iron Warriors, because while having 6 full 10 man squads of regular marines and 15 missiles is nice, I want more.

I want a throng, a hoard, I want to be able to show off a full company level or more of marines, and by god, I will have it. So that's the goal, a full grand company. Minimum 100 power armor bodies, preferably closer to 150-175.

Best get cracking.

Iron Within, Iron Without.

No comments:

Post a Comment